"What we are doing to the forests of the world is but a mirror reflection of what we are doing to ourselves and to one another."
Every June 5, we celebrate the World Environment Day (WED) organized by the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP). This is a special day to raise every one's awareness to take positive environmental action and preserve the environment. The first World Environment Day was dated on 1973. The World Environment Day is hosted every year by a different city with a different theme. The host for the World Environment Day 2012 is the Federative Republic of Brazil with this year's theme, "Green Economy: Does It Include You?"
Green Economy is one whose growth in income is impelled by public and private investments that contribute to energy conservation, sustainability, and environmental responsibility. These investments need to be supported by targeted public expenditure, policy reforms and regulation changes. UNEP defines Green Economy as "one that results in improved human well-being and social-equity, while significantly reducing environmental risks and ecological scarcities."
So what are the ways to take part on WED's theme for this year? TonerGreen blog are here to name a few:
- ) Support green products; these are products that have a less impact on the environment. Usually, these products are made out of recycled components or manufactured in a more energy-conservative way.
- ) Adopt an eco-friendly, sustainable lifestyle. Take note of your energy usage and consuming habits. Make a list of the unsustainable products and if you can replace some of them with sustainable ones.
- ) Inform your friends about WED and join activities related to WED's celebration such as festivals and fairs. Make sure you include your friends too.
- ) Use sustainable modes of transportation such walking, jogging, cycling and carpool. This is a great way to reduce the carbon emission and conserve the use of energy.
- ) Be environmental responsible with the decision you are making whether its buying an energy-saving bulb than a regular light bulb to performing the 3Rs (reduce, re-use and recycle).
In acknowledgement of this special day, TonerGreen.com, an environment-conscious printer cartridge specialist, is giving you an easy way to do your green deed of the day by purchasing our eco-friendly remanufactured ink & toner cartridges. Save 10% off plus free-shipping on any order over $100 from now until June 9th. Use coupon code WED2012.
So what are you waiting for? Shop now at TonerGreen.com to go Green while saving some Green!