The HP 564XL ink cartridges is a set of four inkjet cartridges composed of HP CN684WN black ink cartridge, HP CN685WN cyan ink cartridge, HP CN686WN yellow ink cartridge and HP CN687WN yellow ink cartridge. And for today's article, we're going to give some of the usual errors and basic troubleshooting procedures on HP inkjet printers that uses HP 564XL inks.
HP 564 Start-UP Messages
- Original HP Ink Depleted - Press [Ok]
When this message pops out of your screen when you have just installed a new HP 564XL in your printer, just press OK. You can either choose to ignore this error message and continue printing, or go to your Printer Setting and disable the printing status to stop the message from popping out from time to time.
- Previously used ink cartridge(s) installed. - Press [Ok]
This error message usually shows when you have installed remanufactured ink cartridges. You can just select OK and proceed on your printing job. The printer will still continue to show the error message. To stop this, go to your Printer Setting and disable the printing status to stop the message from popping out from time to time.
- Ink alert. Replace cartridge(s) or press OK to continue. - Press [Ok]
When you have installed new ink cartridges and this message appears, ignore it and always click OK. The printer will still print your documents and operate normally. If you want to stop the message from popping out of your screen, go to your Printer Setting and disable the printing status to stop the message from popping out from time to time.
- Problem: How will the user know that the ink cartridge is already out of ink and if the message just pops up because the chip in the cartridge has not been change.
Since the chip has been reused mostly in the case of remanufactured ink cartridges and you can't reset the ink cartridge, the printer will keep sending notifications that the "ink level is low". You can stop this by going to your Printer Setting and disable the printing status to stop the message from popping out from time to time. To tell if the ink cartridge is already about to lose ink, your printouts will lighten up and will look kind of faded.
- Problem: Will the print head of the cartridge burn out from low ink level?
No, it isn't possible for the print head to burn from low ink level. Although if you left an empty ink cartridge in the tray then there is a larger possibility the electric contacts in your cartridge tray will be clogged and you will have a problem the next time you print. To fix this, all you have to do is to clean the printer nozzles and the electric contacts.
Check the printer ink compatibility below to check if your printer is included:
- HP 564XL inks (HP CN684WN, HP CN685WN, HP CN686WN, HP CN687WN) - HP, PhotoSmart 5510, PhotoSmart 5514, PhotoSmart 6510, PhotoSmart 6515, PhotoSmart 7510, PhotoSmart B209a, PhotoSmart B8500, PhotoSmart B8550, PhotoSmart B8553, PhotoSmart B8558, PhotoSmart C309a, PhotoSmart C309g, PhotoSmart C5300, PhotoSmart C5324, PhotoSmart C5370, PhotoSmart C5373, PhotoSmart C5380, PhotoSmart C5383, PhotoSmart C5388, PhotoSmart C5390, PhotoSmart C5393, PhotoSmart C6300, PhotoSmart C6324, PhotoSmart C6340, PhotoSmart C6350, PhotoSmart C6375, PhotoSmart C6380, PhotoSmart C6383, PhotoSmart C6388, PhotoSmart D5445, PhotoSmart D5460, PhotoSmart D5463, PhotoSmart D5468, PhotoSmart D7560, PhotoSmart All-in-One and PhotoSmart Fax