If you happen to own Canon PIXMA MP printers and seems to be having troubles when installing recycled Canon cartridges then our article today might just be what you're looking for. Here is a troubleshooting procedure for installing recycled Canon printer cartridges on Canon PIXMA MP Printers, Canon PIXMA MP150, Canon PIXMA MP160 and Canon PIXMA MP180 which use Canon PG-40 Black Ink Cartridge, Canon CL-41 Color Ink Cartridge, Canon PG-50 Black Ink Cartridge and Canon CL-51 Color Ink Cartridge. This troubleshooting procedure also applies to Canon PIXMA MP170 which uses replacement ink cartridges, Canon PG-30 Black Ink Cartridge and Canon CL-31 Color Ink Cartridge.
- MP150 - Ink Compatibility: PG-40 Black, CL-41 Color, PG-50 Black, CL-51 Color
- MP160 - Ink Compatibility: PG-40 Black, CL-41 Color, PG-50 Black, CL-51 Color
- MP170 - Ink Compatibility: PG-30 Black, CL-31 Color
- MP180 - Ink Compatibility: PG-40 Black, CL-41 Color, PG-50 Black, CL-51 Color
First, install the compatible or remanufactured Canon ink cartridges.
"The ink carlridge has been installed or replaced. If the print out contains misaligned lines or is not satisfactory after the installation or replacement, refer to the user's guide and carry out the print head alignment."
Click OK to continue.
If second message appears and yellow light flashes:
'The following may have run out of color. The function for detecting the remaining ink level will be disabled since the ink level cannot be correctly detected. If you want to continue printing without this function, press the printer's start button. Canon recommends using new genuine Canon cartridges in order to obtain optimum quality."
Do not click "cancel printing". Press printer start button to start printing. This action will bypass the ink level detection from the recycled cartridge. It will not damage the printer! With a recycled cartridge this action needs to be done one time.
A full recycled cartridge ink level may not display correctly. It may show empty. If you want to check the ink level, you can do a "Nozzle Check" by follow the directions below:
- Step 1 - Go to menu File select Print.
- Step 2 - Then click on Property.
- Step 3 - Then click on Maintenance.
- Step 4 - Click on Nozzle Check to print out the color check.
- Step 5 - Click on Cartridge Alignment to align the cartridge.
Once done, try printing test pages to check if the recycled ink cartridges are working properly.